Lilja's Library Needs Your HelpPosted: November 2, 2022, 15:50:04
Lilja’s Library is going into its 27th year of existence next year, more than half of my life. Who would have thought that back in 1996?
There have been some updates on the site during these 27 years (the last one was done about seven years ago) and now it’s time again. The technic that the site is built with needs to be updated to keep the site stable and secure. There will also be updates done to the look and the content. The site will get what you would call a total make over. It will also look great on all platforms and all pages will be available on all platforms, something that isn’t the case today.
That is the fun part. The not so fun part is that it costs money.
For the 27 years Lilja’s Library have been online it has always been free to use. No paywall, no commercial popups that you have to close to get to the content. Nothing like that. And that is how it should and will continue in the future. But that means I need to raise money in other ways to be able to fund these necessary updates and that is where I need your help.
If you like Lilja’s Library and want to keep it the number one fan page about Stephen King, I need your help. It’s no way to sugarcoat it, I need your money. After calculating the cost of doing the updates that the site need (and that is just paying for the stuff I can’t do myself) the sum I need lands on $3,500.
So, how does this work? Here is the answer to what you probably would like to know. If you have other questions just ask.
Is it really necessary to do these updates?
- Yes, if not the site will load slow, not work as intended, the updates will be harder and harder to get done and the user experience will be less pleasant.
What will the money go to?
- The money will pay for the technical development. The stuff I can’t do myself. All the stuff that I can do I will do on my spare time and none of the money will go to that.
How much can I donate?
- You can donate as much or as little as you can and want. Every $ will help.
What happens if you don’t reach the goal of $3,500? Will you ignore doing the updates and use the money to buy candy?
- No, I will still do the updates. It just means I will have to use more of my own money for the update and that it will take for it to be done.
OK, I want to help. How do I donate?
- You can donate by using PayPal through this link.
How much money have you gotten so far of the $3,500 you need?
- You can follow the progress here.
Can I donate even if I don’t have PayPal?
- If you don’t have PayPal and still want to make a donation, please get in touch and we’ll figger something out.
Thank you in advance and if there is any questions don’t hesitate to ask.