2020, what happened? 2021, what will happen?Posted: December 29, 2020, 20:26:41
2020 was a very strange year. While the pandemic swept throughout the world we tried to stay afloat as best we could and one way to do it was to turn to Stephen King. We did get one book, If it Bleeds and we did get two short stories, The Fifth Step and One Slide Inn Road. We didn’t get any feature films, but we did get The Outsider and The Stand on our TVs. So, considering what we got from King it was a pretty good year.
2021 will, when it comes to King, be an even better year. Here is what’s confirmed.
- The Stand will continue with one episode / week until it’s conclusion on February 11.
- Later will be out on March 2.
- A second book from King will be out during 2021. We don’t know the title or the release date yet, but a guess is that it’s the book about an assassin that he’s talked about and that it will be out in the fall. This has not been confirmed yet though.
- A new Children of the Corn movie is done and will be released in 2021. No release date has been set.
We also have a few things that probably will happen but that haven't been confirmed yet.
- The TV series Chapelwaite will probably air. The show isn’t finished yet, but my guess is that it will be and will air during 2021.
- TV series version of Lisey’s Story will air on Apple TV+. This is not confirmed but when the pandemic happened, they had a few weeks left of shooting so a guess is that they will finish that, edit it and air it before 2021 is over. Probably late in the year.
- Gwendy’s Final Task (third book about Gwendy) seems to be pretty much done so I would be very surprised if it’s not out in 2021. No date has been confirmed yet though and some talk about 2022 has been heard...
Beside all this there is a lot, and I mean a lot, of stuff that has been mentioned but I choose not to list them here because with the current situation in the world and the limited information we have about these projects it seems unlikely to me that they’ll be ready for 2021. But we’ll see. If I’m wrong I’ll be sure to post it on Lilja’s Library! King will probably throw in a few surprises as well during the year in the form of a short story or two…
Last, I also want to take the opportunity to thank you all for your support during 2020. As you know I love to talk Stephen King and you all give me that opportunity so thank you for that! I also want to thank all of you who have bought my book Shining in the Dark. It was released in four new physical editions this year in Brazil, Sweden, Japan and France. But we haven’t seen the end of that book. At least two new translations are lined up for 2021!
And with that I thank you for 2020 and wish you all a great 2021 where I hope we’ll be seeing a lot of each other in one way or the other.